鴨  寮

[ 首頁 ] [ 小說館 ] [ 特約作家區 ] [ 心理測驗 ] [ 談笑風生

[ 塔羅館 ] [ 星座館 ] [ 鴨的相簿 ] [ 鴨的二三事 ]

[ 留言版 ] [交換連結 ]

第五幕


Act V, Scene 1  Cyprus. A street.

第一場 塞浦路斯。街道


[Enter IAGO and RODERIGO]
Iago. Here, stand behind this bulk; straight will he come: Wear thy good rapier bare, and put it home: Quick, quick; fear nothing; I'll be at thy elbow: It makes us, or it mars us; think on that, And fix most firm thy resolution. 

伊阿古及羅德利哥上。 
伊阿古 來,站在這堵披屋後面;他就會來的。把你的寶劍拔出鞘來,看準要害刺過去。快,快;不要怕;我就在你旁邊。成功失敗,在此一舉,你得下定決心。 


Roderigo. Be near at hand; I may miscarry in't. 

羅德利哥 不要走開,也許我會失手。 


Iago. Here, at thy hand: be bold, and take thy stand. 
[Retires]

伊阿古 我就在這兒,你的近旁。膽子放大些,站定了。(退後。) 


Roderigo. I have no great devotion to the deed; And yet he hath given me satisfying reasons: 'Tis but a man gone. Forth, my sword: he dies. 

羅德利哥 我對於這件事情不是頂熱心;可是他講的理由十分充足。反正不過去掉一個人。出來,我的劍;他必須死! 


Iago. I have rubb'd this young quat almost to the sense, And he grows angry. Now, whether he kill Cassio, Or Cassio him, or each do kill the other, Every way makes my gain: live Roderigo, He calls me to a restitution large Of gold and jewels that I bobb'd from him, As gifts to Desdemona; It must not be: if Cassio do remain, He hath a daily beauty in his life That makes me ugly; and, besides, the Moor May unfold me to him; there stand I in much peril: No, he must die. But so: I hear him coming. 
[Enter CASSIO]

伊阿古 我已經激動這小膿包的心,他居然動起怒來了。不管是他殺死凱西奧,還是凱西奧殺死他,或者兩敗俱傷,對於我都是有好處的。要是羅德利哥活在世上,他總有一天要問我討還那許多我從他手裡干沒下來、說是送給苔絲狄蒙娜的金銀珠寶;這可斷斷不能。要是凱西奧活在世上,他那種翩翩風度,叫我每天都要在他的旁邊相形見絀;而且那摩爾人萬一向他當面質問起來,我的陰謀就會暴露,那時候我的地位就非常危險了。不,他非死不可。就這樣吧。我聽見他來了。 
     凱西奧上。 


Roderigo. I know his gait, 'tis he.—Villain, thou diest! 
[Makes a pass at CASSIO]

羅德利哥 我認識他的走路的姿勢;正是他。——惡人,你給我死吧!(挺劍刺凱西奧。) 


Cassio. That thrust had been mine enemy indeed, But that my coat is better than thou know'st I will make proof of thine. 

[Draws, and wounds RODERIGO]

凱西奧 幸虧我穿著一身好甲,否則那一劍一定會致我的死命。讓我也來試一試你的甲牢不牢吧。(拔劍刺傷羅德利哥。)


Roderigo. O, I am slain! 
[IAGO from behind wounds CASSIO in the leg, and exit]

羅德利哥 啊,我死了!(伊阿古自後刺傷凱西奧腿,下。) 


Cassio. I am maim'd for ever. Help, ho! murder! murder! 
[Falls]
[Enter OTHELLO]

凱西奧 我從此終身殘廢了!救命啊!殺了人啦!殺了人啦!(倒地。) 
     奧瑟羅自遠處上。 


Othello. The voice of Cassio: Iago keeps his word. 

奧瑟羅 凱西奧的聲音。伊阿古果然沒有失信。 


Roderigo. O, villain that I am! 

羅德利哥 啊,我真是個惡人! 


Othello. It is even so. 

奧瑟羅 一點不錯。 


Cassio. O, help, ho! light! a surgeon! 

凱西奧 啊,救命哪!拿火來!找一個醫生! 


Othello. 'Tis he:—O brave Iago, honest and just, That hast such noble sense of thy friend's wrong! Thou teachest me. Minion, your dear lies dead, And your unblest fate hies: strumpet, I come. Forth of my heart those charms, thine eyes, are blotted; Thy bed, lust-stain'd, shall with lust's blood be spotted. 
[Exit]
[Enter LODOVICO and GRATIANO]

奧瑟羅 正是他。勇敢正直的伊阿古呀,你這樣奮不顧身,為你的朋友復仇雪恥,真是難得!你給我一個教訓了。賤人,你心愛的人已經死在這兒,你的末日就在眼前;娼婦,我來了!從我的心頭抹去你的媚眼的魔力;讓淫邪的血濺灑你那被淫邪玷污了的枕席。(下。) 
     羅多維科及葛萊西安諾自遠處上。 


Cassio. What, ho! no watch? no passage? murder! murder! 

凱西奧 喂!怎麼!沒有巡夜的邏卒?沒有過路的行人?殺了人啦!殺了人啦! 


Gratiano. 'Tis some mischance; the cry is very direful. 

葛萊西安諾 出了什麼亂子啦?這叫聲很是淒慘。 


Cassio. O, help! 

凱西奧 救命啊! 


Lodovico. Hark! 

羅多維科 聽! 


Roderigo. O wretched villain! 

羅德利哥 啊,該死的惡人! 


Lodovico. Two or three groan: it is a heavy night: These may be counterfeits: let's think't unsafe To come in to the cry without more help. 

羅多維科 兩三個人在那兒呻吟。這是一個很陰沉的黑夜;也許他們是故意假裝出來的,我們人手孤單,冒冒失失過去,恐怕不大安全。 


Roderigo. Nobody come? then shall I bleed to death. 

羅德利哥 沒有人來嗎?那麼我要流血而死了! 


Lodovico. Hark! 
[Re-enter IAGO, with a light]

羅多維科 聽! 
     伊阿古持火炬重上。 


Gratiano. Here's one comes in his shirt, with light and weapons.

葛萊西安諾 有一個人穿著襯衫、一手拿火、一手舉著武器來了。 


Iago. Who's there? whose noise is this that ones on murder? 

伊阿古 那邊是誰?什麼人在那兒喊殺人? 


Lodovico. We do not know. 

羅多維科 我們不知道。 


Iago. Did not you hear a cry? 

伊阿古 你們聽見一個呼聲嗎? 


Cassio. Here, here! for heaven's sake, help me! 

凱西奧 這兒,這兒!看在上天的面上,救救我! 


Iago. What's the matter? 

伊阿古 怎麼一回事? 


Gratiano. This is Othello's ancient, as I take it. 

葛萊西安諾 這個人好像是奧瑟羅麾下的旗官。 


Lodovico. The same indeed; a very valiant fellow. 

羅多維科 正是;一個很勇敢的漢子。 


Iago. What are you here that cry so grievously? 

伊阿古 你是什麼人,在這兒叫喊得這樣淒慘? 


Cassio. Iago? O, I am spoil'd, undone by villains! Give me some help. 

凱西奧 伊阿古嗎?啊,我被惡人算計,害得我不能做人啦!救救我! 


Iago. O me, lieutenant! what villains have done this?

伊阿古 噯喲,副將!這是什麼惡人幹的事? 


Cassio. I think that one of them is hereabout, And cannot make away. 

凱西奧 我想有一個暴徒還在這兒;他逃不了。 


Iago. O treacherous villains! What are you there? come in, and give some help. 
[To LODOVICO and GRATIANO]

伊阿古 啊,可惡的奸賊!(向羅多維科、葛萊西安諾)你們是什麼人?過來幫幫忙。 


Roderigo. O, help me here! 

羅德利哥 啊,救救我!我在這兒。 


Cassio. That's one of them.

凱西奧 他就是惡黨中的一人。 


Iago. O murderous slave! O villain! 
[Stabs RODERIGO]

伊阿古 好一個殺人的兇徒!啊,惡人!(刺羅德利哥。) 


Roderigo. O damn'd Iago! O inhuman dog! 

羅德利哥 啊,萬惡的伊阿古!沒有人心的狗!


Iago. Kill men i' the dark!—Where be these bloody thieves?—How silent is this town!—Ho! murder! murder!—What may you be? are you of good or evil? 

伊阿古 在暗地裡殺人!這些兇惡的賊黨都在哪兒?這地方多麼寂靜!喂!殺了人啦!殺了人啦!你們是什麼人?是好人還是壞人? 


Lodovico. As you shall prove us, praise us. 

羅多維科 請你自己判斷我們吧。 


Iago. Signior Lodovico? 

伊阿古 羅多維科大人嗎? 


Lodovico. He, sir. 

羅多維科 正是,老總。 


Iago. I cry you mercy. Here's Cassio hurt by villains. 

伊阿古 恕我失禮了。這兒是凱西奧,被惡人們刺傷,倒在地上。 


Gratiano. Cassio! 

葛萊西安諾 凱西奧! 


Iago. How is't, brother! 

伊阿古 怎麼樣,兄弟? 


Cassio. My leg is cut in two. 

凱西奧 我的腿斷了。 


Iago. Marry, heaven forbid! Light, gentlemen; I'll bind it with my shirt. 
[Enter BIANCA]

伊阿古 噯喲,罪過罪過!兩位先生,請替我照著亮兒;我要用我的衫子把它包紮起來。 
     比恩卡上。 


Bianca. What is the matter, ho? who is't that cried? 

比恩卡 喂,什麼事?誰在這兒叫喊? 


Iago. Who is't that cried! 

伊阿古 誰在這兒叫喊! 


Bianca. O my dear Cassio! my sweet Cassio! O Cassio, Cassio, Cassio! 

比恩卡 噯喲,我的親愛的凱西奧!我的溫柔的凱西奧!啊,凱西奧!凱西奧!凱西奧! 


Iago. O notable strumpet! Cassio, may you suspect Who they should be that have thus many led you? 

伊阿古 哼,你這聲名狼藉的娼婦!凱西奧,照你猜想起來,向你下這樣毒手的大概是些什麼人? 


Cassio. No. 

凱西奧 我不知道。 


Gratiano. I am to find you thus: I have been to seek you. 

葛萊西安諾 我正要來找你,誰料你會遭逢這樣的禍事,真是惱人!


Iago. Lend me a garter. So. O, for a chair, To bear him easily hence! 

伊阿古 借給我一條吊襪帶。好。啊,要是有一張椅子,讓他舒舒服服躺在上面,把他抬去才好! 


Bianca. Alas, he faints! O Cassio, Cassio, Cassio! 

比恩卡 噯喲,他暈過去了!啊;凱西奧!凱西奧!凱西奧! 


Iago. Gentlemen all, I do suspect this trash To be a party in this injury. Patience awhile, good Cassio. Come, come; Lend me a light. Know we this face or no? Alas my friend and my dear countryman Roderigo! no:—yes, sure: O heaven! Roderigo.

伊阿古 兩位先生,我很疑心這個賤人也是那些兇徒們的同黨。——忍耐點兒,好凱西奧。——來,來,借我一個火。我們認不認識這一張面孔?噯喲!是我的同國好友羅德利哥嗎?不。唉,果然是他!天哪!羅德利哥! 


Gratiano. What, of Venice? 

葛萊西安諾 什麼!威尼斯的羅德利哥嗎? 


Iago. Even he, sir; did you know him? 

伊阿古 正是他,先生。你認識他嗎? 


Gratiano. Know him! ay. 

葛萊西安諾 認識他!我怎麼不認識他?


Iago. Signior Gratiano? I cry you gentle pardon; These bloody accidents must excuse my manners, That so neglected you. 

伊阿古 葛萊西安諾先生嗎?請您原諒,這些流血的慘劇,使我禮貌不周,失敬得很。


Gratiano. I am glad to see you. 

葛萊西安諾 哪兒的話;我很高興看見您。 


Iago. How do you, Cassio? O, a chair, a chair! 

伊阿古 你怎麼啦,凱西奧?啊,來一張椅子!來一張椅子! 


Gratiano. Roderigo! 

葛萊西安諾 羅德利哥! 


Iago. He, he 'tis he. 
[A chair brought in]
O, that's well said; the chair! Gratiano. Some good man bear him carefully from hence; I'll fetch the general's surgeon.
[To BIANCA] 
For you, mistress, Save you your labour. He that lies slain here, Cassio, Was my dear friend: what malice was between you? 

伊阿古 他,他,正是他。(眾人攜椅上)啊!很好;椅子。幾個人把他小心抬走;我就去找軍醫官來。(向比恩卡)你,奶奶,你也不用裝腔作勢啦。——凱西奧,死在這兒的這個人是我的好朋友。你們兩人有什麼仇恨? 


Cassio. None in the world; nor do I know the man. 

凱西奧 一點沒有;我根本不認識這個人。 


Iago. [To BIANCA] What, look you pale? O, bear him out o' the air.
[CASSIO and RODERIGO are borne off]
Stay you, good gentlemen. Look you pale, mistress? Do you perceive the gastness of her eye? Nay, if you stare, we shall hear more anon. Behold her well; I pray you, look upon her: Do you see, gentlemen? nay, guiltiness will speak, Though tongues were out of use. 
[Enter EMILIA]

伊阿古 (向比恩卡)什麼!你臉色變白了嗎?——啊!把他抬進屋子裡去。(眾人舁凱西奧、羅德利哥二人下)等一等,兩位先生。奶奶,你臉色變白了嗎?你們看見她眼睛裡這一股驚慌的神氣嗎?哼,要是你這樣睜大了眼睛,我們還要等著聽一些新鮮的話哩。留心瞧著她;你們瞧;你們看見了嗎,兩位先生?哼,犯了罪的人,即使舌頭僵住了,也會不打自招的。 
     愛米利婭上。 


Emilia. 'Las, what's the matter? what's the matter, husband? 

愛米利婭 唉!出了什麼事啦?出了什麼事啦,丈夫? 


Iago. Cassio hath here been set on in the dark By Roderigo and fellows that are scaped: He's almost slain, and Roderigo dead. 

伊阿古 凱西奧在這兒黑暗之中,被羅德利哥和幾個在逃的同黨襲擊;他幾乎送了性命,羅德利哥已經死了。 


Emilia. Alas, good gentleman! alas, good Cassio! 

愛米利婭 噯喲,好一位紳士!噯喲,好凱西奧! 


Iago. This is the fruit of whoring. Prithee, Emilia, Go know of Cassio where he supp'd to-night.
[To BIANCA]
What, do you shake at that? 

伊阿古 這是他愛嫖的結果。愛米利婭,你去問問凱西奧,他今天晚上在什麼地方吃飯的。——什麼!你聽了這句話就發抖嗎? 


Bianca. He supp'd at my house; but I therefore shake not. 

比恩卡 他在我家裡吃飯;可我並不是因為這個而發抖。 


Iago. O, did he so? I charge you, go with me. 

伊阿古 噢,他在你家裡吃飯?你跟我走! 


Emilia. Fie, fie upon thee, strumpet! 

愛米利婭 呸,呸,你這不要臉的娼婦! 


Bianca. I am no strumpet; but of life as honest As you that thus abuse me. 

比恩卡 我不是娼婦;我跟你一樣清白。 


Emilia. As I! foh! fie upon thee! 

愛米利婭 跟我一樣清白!呸!不要臉! 


Iago. Kind gentlemen, let's go see poor Cassio dress'd. Come, mistress, you must tell's another tale. Emilia run you to the citadel, And tell my lord and lady what hath happ'd. Will you go on? I pray. 
[Aside]
This is the night That either makes me or fordoes me quite. 
[Exeunt] 

伊阿古 兩位好先生,讓我們去幫助幫助可憐的凱西奧,替他把傷口紮好。來,奶奶,你必須對我們講老實話。愛米利婭,你快奔到城堡裡去,告訴將軍和夫人這兒發生了什麼事。你們先請吧。(旁白)今夜是我的命運所寄,倘不能青雲直上,就要一敗塗地。(同下。)


[ 第四幕第三場 ] [ 第五幕第二場 ]