鴨  寮

[ 首頁 ] [ 小說館 ] [ 特約作家區 ] [ 心理測驗 ] [ 談笑風生

[ 塔羅館 ] [ 星座館 ] [ 鴨的相簿 ] [ 鴨的二三事 ]

[ 留言版 ] [交換連結 ]

第三幕


Act III, Scene 1
Before the castle.

第一場 塞浦路斯。城堡前


[Enter CASSIO and some Musicians]
Cassio. Masters, play here; I will content your pains; Something that's brief; and bid 'Good morrow, general.' 
[Music]
[Enter Clown]

     凱西奧及若干樂工上。 
凱西奧 列位朋友,就在這兒奏起來吧;我會酬勞你們的。奏一支簡短一些的樂曲,敬祝我們的主帥晨安。(音樂。) 
     小丑上。 


Clown. Why masters, have your instruments been in Naples, that they speak i' the nose thus? 

小丑 怎麼,列位朋友,你們的樂器都曾到過那不勒斯,所以會這樣嗡嚨嗡嚨地用鼻音說話嗎? 


First Musician. How, sir, how! 

樂工甲 怎麼,大哥,怎麼? 


Clown. Are these, I pray you, wind-instruments? 

小丑 請問這些都是管樂器嗎? 


First Musician. Ay, marry, are they, sir. 

樂工甲 正是,大哥。 


Clown. O, thereby hangs a tail. 

小丑 啊,怪不得下面有個那玩藝兒。


First Musician. Whereby hangs a tale, sir? 

樂工甲 怪不得有個什麼玩藝兒,大哥? 


Clown. Marry. sir, by many a wind-instrument that I know. But, masters, here's money for you: and the general so likes your music, that he desires you, for love's sake, to make no more noise with it.

小丑 我說,有好多管樂器就都是這麼回事。可是,列位朋友,這兒是賞給你們的錢;將軍非常喜歡你們的音樂,他請求你們千萬不要再奏下去了。


First Musician. Well, sir, we will not. 

樂工甲 好,大哥,我們不奏就是了。 


Clown. If you have any music that may not be heard, to't again: but, as they say to hear music the general does not greatly care. 

小丑 要是你們會奏聽不見的音樂,請奏起來吧;可是正像人家說的,將軍對於聽音樂這件事不大感到興趣。 


First Musician. We have none such, sir. 

樂工甲 我們不會奏那樣的音樂。


Clown. Then put up your pipes in your bag, for I'll away: go; vanish into air; away! 
[Exeunt Musicians]

小丑 那麼把你們的笛子藏起來,因為我要去了。去,消滅在空氣裡吧;去!(樂工等下。) 


Cassio. Dost thou hear, my honest friend? 

凱西奧 你聽沒聽見,我的好朋友? 


Clown. No, I hear not your honest friend; I hear you. 

小丑 不,我沒有聽見您的好朋友;我只聽見您。 


Cassio. Prithee, keep up thy quillets. There's a poor piece of gold for thee: if the gentlewoman that attends the general's wife be stirring, tell her there's one Cassio entreats her a little favour of speech: wilt thou do this? 

凱西奧 少說笑話。這一塊小小的金幣你拿了去;要是侍候將軍夫人的那位奶奶已經起身,你就告訴她有一個凱西奧請她出來說話。你肯不肯? 


Clown. She is stirring, sir: if she will stir hither, I shall seem to notify unto her. 

小丑 她已經起身了,先生;要是她願意出來,我就告訴她。


Cassio. Do, good my friend.
[Exit Clown]
[Enter IAGO] 
In happy time, Iago. 

凱西奧 謝謝你,我的好朋友。(小丑下。) 
     伊阿古上。 

凱西奧 來得正好,伊阿古。 


Iago. You have not been a-bed, then? 

伊阿古 你還沒有上過床嗎? 


Cassio. Why, no; the day had broke Before we parted. I have made bold, Iago, To send in to your wife: my suit to her Is, that she will to virtuous Desdemona Procure me some access. 

凱西奧 沒有;我們分手的時候,天早就亮了。伊阿古,我已經大膽叫人去請你的妻子出來;我想請她替我設法見一見賢德的苔絲狄蒙娜。


Iago. I'll send her to you presently; And I'll devise a mean to draw the Moor Out of the way, that your converse and business May be more free. 

伊阿古 我去叫她立刻出來見你。我還要想一個法子把那摩爾人調開,好讓你們談話方便一些。 


Cassio. I humbly thank you for't.
[Exit IAGO]
I never knew A Florentine more kind and honest. 
[Enter EMILIA]

凱西奧 多謝你的好意。(伊阿古下)我從來沒有認識過一個比他更善良正直的弗羅稜薩人。 
     愛米利婭上。 


Emilia. Good morrow, good Lieutenant: I am sorry For your displeasure; but all will sure be well. The general and his wife are talking of it;
And she speaks for you stoutly: the Moor replies, That he you hurt is of great fame in Cyprus, And great affinity, and that in wholesome wisdom
He might not but refuse you; but he protests he loves you And needs no other suitor but his likings To take the safest occasion by the front To bring you in again. 

愛米利婭 早安,副將!聽說您誤觸主帥之怒,真是一件令人懊惱的事;可是一切就會轉禍為福的。將軍和他的夫人正在談起此事,夫人竭力替您辯白,將軍說,被您傷害的那個人,在塞浦路斯是很有名譽、很有勢力的,為了避免受人非難起見,他不得不把您斥革;可是他說他很喜歡您,即使沒有別人替您說情,他由於喜歡您,也會留心著一有適當的機會,就讓您恢復原職的。


Cassio. Yet, I beseech you, If you think fit, or that it may be done, Give me advantage of some brief discourse With Desdemona alone. 

凱西奧 可是我還要請求您一件事:要是您認為沒有妨礙,或是可以辦得到的話,請您設法讓我獨自見一見苔絲狄蒙娜,跟她作一次簡短的談話。


Emilia. Pray you, come in; I will bestow you where you shall have time To speak your bosom freely. 

愛米利婭 請您進來吧;我可以帶您到一處可以讓您從容吐露您的心曲的所在。 


Cassio. I am much bound to you. 
[Exeunt] 

凱西奧 那真使我感激萬分了。(同下。)


[ 第二幕第三場 ] [ 第三幕第二場 ]